The short version…
I am a former psychotherapist turned aromatherapist and wellness coach. As a psychotherapist I practiced online counseling and was a thought-leader in the field of telemental heatlh for 15 years. Over the past several years my focus has shifted from traditional psychotherapeutic interventions to complementary modalities including Reiki, Distant Healing and Aromatherapy. This experience has been a “coming home” in many ways. I have always been interested in holistic approaches to health and wellness, particularly as I manage my own physical disability, and have now come full circle to a time before my formal mental health training.
I offer support to others sharing from my own journey and from my experience as a psychotherapist and healer over the past 2 decades and now as a wellness coach, aromatherapist and intuitive.
- I love guiding people along the path to health, wellness and abundance!
- I love being of service- helping others on thier journey to wholeness.
- I love inspiring people to use their intuition- to listen to their inner voice.
- I love encouraging folks to act out of a place of mindfulness and intention.
The biggest leap in my vocational journey has been my move from a psychotherapist and healer mindset to the mindset of an educator, coach and mentor. And what an empowering leap it has been!
Oh, and I love to write. I blog about the practical and mystical.
In the late 90’s I discovered the power of the internet through my search for support during my own physical health crisis. I have sarcoidosis and in 1999 when I became ill I went on the internet to find out what was wrong with me because my doctors did not know. We have a term for that now. I was an early “e-patient” and through my personal experience, I discovered how the Internet can serve as an empowering tool along the path of self-discovery. I gained a wealth of support and knowledge that empowered me to make enhancing and holistic health choices.
When I became ill I was already well into an established career as a licensed psychotherapist. Because of my own powerful experience garnering support for myself on the internet, I incorporated the use of technology into my work as a psychotherapist, becoming a thought leader specializing in telemental health. Several years ago, I brought those same telemental health tenets to the field of coaching and most recently, to areas of alternative and complementary medicine.
I have managed my health primarily through holistic means. I have had success using many different approaches but when I discovered the power of essential oils, my health and well-being improved 10-fold! That is why I closed my psychotherapy practice so that I could focus on wellness coaching and teaching others about the benefits of essential oils. When something transforms me so completely, as did my experience with online support so many years ago, it becomes my passion. And now I combine my knowledge of the internet, online therapy and e-learning with reiki, aromatherapy and essential oils. If it seems like a leap, it really isn’t. I am using my skills as an online therapist to educate people all over the globe about alternative approaches, infusing the oils in most everything I do.
I am also co-founder of the Online Therapy Institute offering online training, resources and consultancy about mental health, coaching and technology. I am Managing Co-Editor of Online Therapy Institute’s publication TILT Magazine- Therapeutic Innovations in Light of Technology and faculty at The Institute for Life Coach Training (ILCT).
- Participation in my own growth work- therapy, coaching, body work. prayer, self-Reiki
- Listening to mentors, wise souls, besties, mom, spirit guides and my pets
- Living life.
- Enjoying the journey
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) New York State Education Department
- Board Certified Coach- Health/Wellness Designation Center for Credentialing and Education
- IAC Masteries Practitioner International Association of Coaching
- Certified Aromatherapist International Certified Aromatherapy Institute
- Certified Angel Card Reader Doreen Virtue/Hay House
- Reiki Master Teacher Yogananda Institute
If you want all details and the alphabet soup… Curriculum Vitae